Since our founding in 2003, we've become the largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.
A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.
As a member you can learn to design and construct:
Why should you join the WRA2?
- High flying water rockets.
- Reliable recovery systems.
- Multiple stage water rockets.
- Practice aerial photography.
Access to our exclusive forum featuring:
- Informative "how to" articles.
- Access to members only forums and topics.
- Access to record submission forums.
- Access to the advanced discussion forum.
- Meet and discuss water rocketry with members from all over the world.
- Expert water rocket tips.
- Discuss radical design concepts in our cutting edge technology forum.
- Camaraderie with the world record holding water rocket teams.
- Participate in the review of competition submission videos and data.
Plus for the serious competitor
- Eligibility to compete in WRA2 sanctioned competitions.
- Compete on a level playing field under unified, time tested, and stable rules.
- Competitions for all skill levels.
- Earn a spot in the official water rocket world record standings.
- Gain international recognition.
- Compete with proven water rocketry experts.
- Earn Bragging Rights.
DON'T DELAY SIGN UP TODAY!
- Launch anywhere and anytime (no need to attend meets).
- Electronic verification (removes human error and politics from your record submissions).
- Learn advanced electronics.
- Witness mind-boggling flights.
- No fees or dues.
- No politics.
Don't be left behind! Become a member and advance to the next level of Water Rocketry!