AntiGravityResearch Rockets

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Billkuhl53

AntiGravityResearch Rockets

Post by Billkuhl53 »

Any suggestions for working with the AntiGravityReseach rockets? I bought a couple of them to try the reduced nozzle theory. Not the most attractive rockets. Working with the fins that are rubberbanded on is really a pain.

Bill Kuhl
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: AntiGravityResearch Rockets

Post by Tim Chen »

Billkuhl53 wrote:Any suggestions for working with the AntiGravityReseach rockets? I bought a couple of them to try the reduced nozzle theory. Not the most attractive rockets. Working with the fins that are rubberbanded on is really a pain.

Bill Kuhl
I've only seen them in pictures and videos. I thought their whole shop was pretty neat. They built all the machines to build their rocket parts all on their own from scrap parts. It's pretty clever stuff if you ask me.

Let us know how it works. I was always curious about how well those release mechanisms worked.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Billkuhl53

Post by Billkuhl53 »

The release is there is a tube that goes through the hold in the cap and at some pressure, it just launches.
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Billkuhl53 wrote:The release is there is a tube that goes through the hold in the cap and at some pressure, it just launches.
I never saw one up close but it looks to me like they use a small hole inside the rocket on the end of the rubber hose and the hose swells up because of the pressure differential as long as you continue pumping it remains swollen and when you stop pumping the differential balances out causing the hose to contract back to the normal size and this lets it slip out the hole in the cap.

Is that the way it works?
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Billkuhl53

Post by Billkuhl53 »

That is correct, but it looks like you have to take fins off to fill and put the tube in.

Launched rockets with park rec kids again today. More pieces littering the sky, but they have fun.