AntiGravityResearch Pictures

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Billkuhl53

AntiGravityResearch Pictures

Post by Billkuhl53 »

I have some pictures from the AntiGravityResearch rocket I have been experimenting with. Really different watching it take off so slowly.
AntigravityUp4.jpg
AntigravityUp4.jpg (39.37 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Bill
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: AntiGravityResearch Pictures

Post by RaZias »

Could you put some pictures of the nozzle and the quick-release they use ?

What is the nozzle size ?
Research and Development is the soul of WR
Billkuhl53

Post by Billkuhl53 »

They use different size holes for nozzle but this picture will give you an idea. There is no quick release, the yellow tube just slides out after you quit pumping.
AntiGravityknozzle.jpg
AntiGravityknozzle.jpg (61.67 KiB) Viewed 109 times
Attachments
Antigravityyellowtube.jpg
Antigravityyellowtube.jpg (36.86 KiB) Viewed 109 times
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by RaZias »

For what I read the yellow tube is a ballon that will insuflate when you pump, so it will close the nozzle. It will partially lose air to the rocket and it will start to get smaller, that way you got to keep pumping. When you stop pumping, the ballon will deflate and rocket will be fired.

By the videos of their world record I think that's the way they launched the 1000psi bottle.

Checkout their video...I can't see any launcher so ti must be it.
Research and Development is the soul of WR
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

RaZias wrote:For what I read the yellow tube is a ballon that will insuflate when you pump, so it will close the nozzle. It will partially lose air to the rocket and it will start to get smaller, that way you got to keep pumping. When you stop pumping, the ballon will deflate and rocket will be fired.

By the videos of their world record I think that's the way they launched the 1000psi bottle.

Checkout their video...I can't see any launcher so ti must be it.
That's not how they did their world record launch. They had a secret scheme that nobody could figure out and everyone was guessing and after a long time they had a picture on their site showing the launcher. It was a piece of bent wire that looked like a coat-hanger wire. It hooked the bottle to their launcher. Nobody believed that it would work but then they revealed that their nozzle was so small that 1000PSI generated only 19 pounds of thrust and that the bent wire was more than capable of holding the rocket to the pad.

Pretty sneaky, huh?

Those guys don't get the credit they deserve for the ideas they had. I think because they sell stuff online that they are intentionally left out of the conversation when people talk about water rockets. That's just the way people are.
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
castle-bravo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by castle-bravo »

damm that that ting can hold that pressure :shock: :P
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Jelo »

before anyone tryes to get a coke bottle up to 1000psi, i strongly suggest you have a look at the re-inforcments they put on this video, the lauches are very spectacular as well, and if you read the comments, they explain how their recovery system works, very ingenious.[youtube][/youtube]
Anto'

always wear a raincoat